Wednesday 22 April 2009

Surf's up

surf's up hania chania 2009

Once again, it's tourists and charter flights time in Hania.

Matt Barrett
showcases Greece in his very well-written and functionally presented websites. He visited Hania just last month, and here is what he says about it:

It did not take me long to fall in love with Chania, Crete. Maybe all of ten minutes after I arrived at sunrise in late March 2009... Chania may be the best city in Greece. With a long history, a spectacular old city that surrounds the Venetian harbor and in the best part of Crete for daytrips to beautiful beaches, the famous gorges and scenic mountain villages, Chania is the place I recommend staying for anyone who is including Crete in their itinerary of Greece.

So there you go!

13 comments:

  1. Well, I'm glad to know you are in the best city of Greece. Great write-up. Sounds so inviting.

    Hope you are all having a nice post-Easter week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm convinced! Although I have always wanted to visit Crete, even before Matt Barrett's rave review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited Hania a very long time ago. I don't remember it very well, but I do remember I liked it very much. Nice to get a positive write-up from Matt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the best publicity when someone, except Greeks, tells nice words for the place you live and come from. I'm so proud of being Cretan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will - at the end of September.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I visited Xania in April of 1980. We were supposed to stay 3 days, we stayed 6 weeks - our whole trip. 18 months later I moved back and lived in Xania for 7 years. She does that to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that after Arhanes (my father's village), Hania is the place I love in Crete.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Theings look serene in Hania. I love, love, love the red speckled eggs. And those buns look delectable. Happy Easter, Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ελπίζω κάποια μέρα να μπω στο club των ατόμων που έζησαν από κοντά την ομορφιά των Χανιών και της Κρήτης. Ως τότε αφήνομαι στις περιγραφές των άλλων. Χρόνια πολλάκαι καλά.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No no, you missed the fine print. Only ISRAELI Earth Hour is tonight. You had your turn already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to be sitting on a nice warm beach right now. We are having a cool spring day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that's quite an endorsement!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Maria! Hope you had a great Easter!
    So it seems calm days are over... ;))

    After the green, Blogtrotter entered the old town... ;)
    Enjoy and have a great weekend! I’m going to be busy at the Music Fest (Bach’s legacy… ;))

    ReplyDelete