Tuesday 23 December 2008

Rainy weather

The view from my kitchen window on a very wet day in Hania.

rainy day hania chania

This photo was taken in mid-November, but it is very representative of the weather since Sunday. We've had all our annual rainfall in the last two days, after a rare, extremely dry winter this year. The rain started on Sunday afternoon, and didn't stop until this Monday noon. The thunderstorms were so loud, that they woke most people up in the early hours of Monday morning. After the heavy rain, light intermittent showers continued, with high gale force winds that stopped all ship transport throughout the country. Consequently, the roads were a mess; apart from the flooding, there was the rubbish, rubble and debris to contend with, as the sewers overflowed. Those of us who had no urgent business to attend to stayed at home...

I love a good rain shower when I can get it. It reminds me of where I was born, WWW (wet and windy Wellington).

4 comments:

  1. Cute car :-D

    I miss the thunderstorms, rain is so silent here.

    Nice weather for Christmas though isn't it? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like rainy days are all the same when looking out the window. I like the photo you took and I have seen lots of days like that over here. It is still brutally cold here and snow and ice storms are still in the forecast.

    Thanks for your visit to my Brookville Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to say it - but that is the way life is around here. Except for the temperature.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we love the rain overnight, outside the window, yielding a radiant sun . . . eventually. Aloha-

    ReplyDelete